NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Met up with a few gents from NCAngler early this morning. We dropped in at the Cass Holt Rd bridge and came out in the Cary branch of Harris. Good group of anglers fishing for bass and perch.

I started of fishing a frog and caught my first bass off a Booyah pad crasher. A little guy about a pound and half but he had the whole frog in his mouth. I threw a new bait, Rapala X-rap Prop bait in yellow perch and ended up catching 2 more - biggest of the day a 3 lber and about 5 - 6 lber. Ended with 1 more for the day that came off a Reaction innovations Little Dipper 3.5" white paddle tail swimbait rigged on a screw lock 1/8 oz swimbait hook. He blew up on in the weeds and missed but I got him to hit it again when I threw back just off the weedline.

It was great meeting everyone and look forward to doing more floats.

Water Sky Plant Boat Tree
Water Terrestrial animal Lake Marine biology Landscape
Gesture Fish Grass Fawn Fisherman
Sky Vertebrate Outdoor recreation Fisherman Fish
Water Plant Fish Watercourse Fisherman
Sky Fisherman Fish Fishing Recreational fishing
Sky Fisherman Fish Hat Fishing

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hey guys, would be glad to join you sometime if you get out there again. I live about a mile from Harris; I catch occasionally there but haven't mastered it yet. Lost a nice chain pickerel last year that I'd like to get another chance at, came off right at the kayak. Let me know if you try to get a group together again.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I plan to hit the Hollimans ramp at 6am Sat morning. If you are interested. My plan is to throw some topwater and look for perch. And then beat feet at the noon shift change.

mike

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
heard catching fish out of there is a no no cause of bad water or something ??
Hmmmm that area is fed by one of the feeder creeks. Can't think of a reason the fish would be bad. A number of bass boats smoothed their way in to fish the weed line. I have heard it can get choked with weeds. That could be a deterrent.

mike

·
Registered
206 Posts
I plan to hit the Hollimans ramp at 6am Sat morning. If you are interested. My plan is to throw some topwater and look for perch. And then beat feet at the noon shift change.

mike
Have fun, I would join you but I'm on baby duty all day Saturday. I sold my jon boat and bought a yak last week so needless to say I have the itch.

- James -

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.