NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out on the water around 7 with the kayak
It was really foggy first thing but it cleared up nicely. I hooked a nice one on a Jig near the dam and I got a few other bites on a shaky but the they were not committing to it.

I fished until about noon that’s when I couldn’t take the water skiers causing ocean size waves anymore

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Got out on the water around 7 with the kayak
It was really foggy first thing but it cleared up nicely. I hooked a nice one on a Jig near the dam and I got a few other bites on a shaky but the they were not committing to it.

I fished until about noon that’s when I couldn’t take the water skiers causing ocean size waves anymore
I still haven't fished Harris at all. I need to get out there sometime.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I still haven't fished Harris at all. I need to get out there sometime.
Harris is a strange lake to fish. You can have one day where your catching left and right and they will all be over 4-5 lbs and the next day in the same spots using the same lures your lucky to get one and it’s like 12 inches it’s a very humbling lake for sure

·
Registered
183 Posts
Harris is a strange lake to fish. You can have one day where your catching left and right and they will all be over 4-5 lbs and the next day in the same spots using the same lures your lucky to get one and it’s like 12 inches it’s a very humbling lake for sure
it didn’t always suck. It is a Dead Sea now compared to what it was and what it still could be.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it didn’t always suck. It is a Dead Sea now compared to what it was and what it still could be.
I know when I first moved to NC back 2008 Harris lake was awesome and then they killed off all the grass and it has never been the same

·
Registered
183 Posts
I know when I first moved to NC back 2008 Harris lake was awesome and then they killed off all the grass and it has never been the same
it was still pretty good then but that was in the middle of when they were killing it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts