NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the weather taking a turn for the better, my brother and I decided to try our luck at Harris this weekend. (aka an escuse to try out my freshly painted jon boat with newly installed swivel seats) We were targeting bass, trying mainly in the backs of coves and pockets with soft plastic. The water was muddy from all the rain the week prior. The west side of the lake was a lot clearer than the east side. When we got over there I switched to a spinner bait and hooked up with a chain pickerel, which ended up making up the whole of our catch for the morning. We only fished for two hours, needing to get back and watch State beat the tar out of UConn. I would venture to say there were 150 boats on the lake saturday. It was actually hard to find a pocket that didn't allready contain a boat.

As a side note, we saw a good number of waterfowl in one particular cove. More than I saw during all of my hunts out there this year, but that's to be expected. I think we counted 2 canada geese, 4 wood ducks, 2 dozen ringnecks, a pair of mallards, 1000 coots, and 1 swan. The swan was amazing, when it took off the wings hitting the water sounded like someone slapping the water with a paddle.

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Sounds like a nice day on the water (except for the other 149 boats :D). I sure enjoyed that NCSU/UConn game! Let's hope the Pack keeps up the defense on Friday! Go Pack!

BTW Happy birthday Mowerchaotic! :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
IF YOU CAN GO TO HARRIS NOW IS THE TIME. WE FISHED SATURDAY APRIL 16,2005. WE GOT THERE ABOUT 4:00PM. WE FISHED SEVERAL SPOTS, FOUND LOTS OF BEDS BUT ONLY FOUND 2 FISH IN THE BACK OF ONE CREEK. CHILLY AND WINDY WAS THE RECIPE THAT DAY. WE FINALLY FOUND THEM GOOD ABOUT A HOUR BEFORE DARK. I HAD MY 16 YEAR OLD SON AND A FREIND OF HIS FROM THE JV BASEBALL TEAM WITH ME. MY SON CAUGHT ONE, HAD ANOTHER FISH ON THAT CAME OFF,HIS FRIEND CAUGHT ONE ABOUT 15 MINUTES BEFORE WE LEFT. MY FIRST BITE I GOT BROKE OFF. I HATE IT WHEN THAT HAPPENS!! I DID CATCH A GOOD FISH A LIITLE LATER IN THE 4 POUND RANGE. WE HAD 3 GOOD FISH WE CAUGHT THE ONE MY SON LOST AND THE ONE THAT BROKE ME OFF. THEY ARE ON THE BEDS IN THE BACKS OF THE CREEKS. SOFT PLASTICS AND BEING VERY PATIENT WILL PAY OFF BIG. GO CATCH A HOG!! JIMMY:p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts