NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the stump jumper out to Harris to see if the gills were spawning on the full moon. Crickets, worms, and small curly tail jigs were on the menu. Caught several nice sized bream, several small bass, and a few good sized cats after the sun went down. Small black curly tail on 1/16oz jig head was the best bet - hooked everything from bream to bass on that. Hooked a real nice fish but I never made eye contact before it broke the line - probably a good sized bass that was too much for the ultra-light setup I was using.

Saw someone land a nice sized bass, I tried the trusty black jitterbug but no takers. Except I did "catch" a nice lure on the jitterbug - cast it out and when I brought it in a nice bass-pattern topwater was attached :D Overall a very enjoyable and relaxing fishing trip.

Attachments

·
Red X Angler
3,749 Posts
Looks like you caught a Devils Horse. I used to love throwing that when I was younger fishing in a shallow marsh area tossing at pockets in the grass and forcing myself to wait till the ripples died till I twitched it. The best ones were when you saw the grass moving as the bass approached the bait. The anticipation was palpable...

Nice day (or night) of fishing... thanks for sharing!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts