NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pretty much do not have to think about work till next year. Seeing as the weather looks good Wednesday morning. I will be heading out of the Crossroads ramp in the moring. Come on out....

mikeski

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I hit the lake about 10. The breeze was up just a little. It slowed me down a bit going across the lake. I fished from across the ramp and floated that bank past the wires about half way to the bridge. I zigzagged across the lake a couple times. I floated along the the ramp side shore also.

I saw some bait but not the balls of bait I use to see. I got no hits.

I saw a few boats but it was not long before they had headed home or down lake towards the dam.

I will be looking to head out again Thursday afternoon and Friday morning. But I will be putting in down by the dam to check that end of the lake out.

mikeski...

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hit Harris today from the dam end this afternoon. Little to no wind. Sun was in and out. A handful of boats. Could not ask for a nicer pre-xmas fishing day. But that's what it was. I saw a number of big bait balls, stacked small fish, fish hugging the bottom. None of them was having what anyone was giving them. I did mark some nice structure while I was paddling about. The only tangible good of the day.

I am looking to head out again tomorrow. Those fish have to open their mouths some time.

mikeski

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Back to the dam this afternoon. I finally found something the fish liked. Or I figured out how to catch them. A handful of crappie is what was caught. It appears others were out for crappie. They were using minnows.

I wish I liked crappie as much as white pirch. Maybe the white pirch hang with the crappie? I did catch a crappie when I was catching pirch in early fall.

Cold tomorrow and some rain, wind Sunday. Monday???

mikeski

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.