NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Notice I did say for fishing just in case anyone eats them. Seriously, I just wonder if a panfish will go for these tasty looking little tidbits. Has anyone tried them.

Jim

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I just bought a jar but havent tried them yet...

Reactions: tadpole1

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Tried them at rhodes once. Didn't get any takers. Switched to live red worms and we were into some pan fish action. Might have just been the location. Will try them again sometime.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats not wanted to hear but I have a spot to test them and if they don't bite there, well, they must be all advertising hype like I found the Gulp worms to be.

Jim

·
Registered
245 Posts
A friend introduced them to me this summer when we volunteered for a couple of kids fishing days. We would chum water to start the feeding frenzy. We used them and had alot of bites and they actually stayed on the hook better than red worms. I like to keep a jar around just in case I run out of bait and always have something different to present

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
how do you chum first? and what do you target?

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I think they might be good to tip hooks with on small jigs and beetle spins to add a bit of scent/color. Just a thought...

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Jim,

I haven't had the success with any of the gulp baits that other folks on here seem to have. Maybe we just haven't given them a fair shot. I really have only used the shrimp and crabs a few times but I always end up going back to the real thing.

Reactions: tadpole1

·
Registered
245 Posts
chum meaning, throwing a small handfull off of the dock to get the bluegill stirring and realize that it is food. We were targeting bream mainly, just something that the kids could catch. We used small hooks and threaded 2 of them on there. Once they realized they were food we had no problems with them. I would recommend them if you find a bank full of beds. They are small enough that even the smallest fish can swallow them.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
No man, I'm all about live bait... just I hang up on that word "maggot"... Matt one time left baitfish in my live well,,, well.. I thought it got emptied and didnt check it for like 2 weeks... when I flip'd the lid open on that live well... let's just say there were more maggots than I cared to ever see,, much less have to reach down in there with my hand to clean the livewell, talk about take your breath away...... When they crawled or inched.. whatever they do.. up my arm.. I called it quits and went to the local pressure washer car wash place....

Not a good experience with them... If they didnt stink as much as they do and had the name of say... Nibblets... I'd probably be ok with them..

Guttin fish
Guttin deer
Cleanin yard bird or wild turkey
minnow's
worms
Squid
ballyhoo guts/poop

I'm cool with all those, but maggots, eels,, heebie jeebies for me...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.