NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! I'll be in Buxton from Sunday evening until next Friday or Saturday. Anybody fished around there lately? I'd appreciate any information you can give about what's biting, what techniques are working, and maybe somewhere an angler from Virginia who hasn't been down there since 1998 can catch a fish or 9.

Thanks and tight lines!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hit the point using cut mullet and hang on for dear life...the last I heard drum are still holding there. Also, specks are up in the surf and on the rock jettys... I fished up a little further north until I sold the KDH home so I know the north beaches a little better. If all else fails, hit Oregon inlet (I'm assuming you don't have a boat). Live minnows are taking some nice specks up there. If the old bridge/pier is open now, give the sheepheads a go around footings 5-7. If you do, heavy tackle as they will head straight for the footing and break you off.

Hope this helps...tight lines!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yo Pyro...you get any fishing done yet? Looks like a soggy couple of days for the first part of the week but otherwise not so bad. Let me know how you do. We walked the dog (catching slot puppy drum) Sunday. I hooked three (one must have been at the top of the slot as I could not control that fish and he finally wrapped me on the anchor line and split). I did boat a 22" and one of my crew landed a 19" so we did take home a little something for the table.

puppy2.jpg

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yo Pyro...you get any fishing done yet? Looks like a soggy couple of days for the first part of the week but otherwise not so bad. Let me know how you do. We walked the dog (catching slot puppy drum) Sunday. I hooked three (one must have been at the top of the slot as I could not control that fish and he finally wrapped me on the anchor line and split). I did boat a 22" and one of my crew landed a 19" so we did take home a little something for the table.

View attachment 218891
I'm just now seeing this, a few days after getting back. We didn't get much. A few pinfish & silver perch, an Atlantic croaker, a pigfish, and 3 blacktips that were all around 12-15 inches, between me and my kid. Hopefully we'll do better next trip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts