NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know these are hard to find in this color, but I had no idea the TWR-08 PEP Pearlescent Purple twitchin raps would bring $20.00 each with 4 days left on the auction. I just may have to sell some.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Discontinued-Rapala-Twitchin-Rap-TWR-08-PEP-Purple-Fishing-Lure-Bait-NIB-/221629308054?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item339a22dc96

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
sounds like Joe the Plumber @ Contentnea Creek Customs needs to start painting something similar. He does excellent work.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I wonder why they discontinued them and what is similar?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is crazy. I have a pretty good collection of antique lures some of which are worth quite a bit, but not like that. The old bagley balsa lures with the brass hardware bring decent money.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Alot of guys will pay a pretty penny for original lures. I know original storm Wiggle Warts are highly sought after.

When a somewhat hard to find lure wins a major pro tournament and makes news they will sell like hot cakes for big bucks. Some that come to mind: Chatterbait, KVD Red eye sexy shad, KVD square bill, Alabama rig, Magnum flutter spoons.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I know where you can find a couple but I better not catch you.. ;)

I'm putting some custom painted ones up there next week. I would think they'll go for a tad bit more than the stock ones.....we shall see. The market for the TWR08 is pretty high right now. I watched one auction about a month ago for 3 Olive Flash T Raps that sold for $86 + like $6 for shipping. I've never been a big fan of selling on Ebay but I do buy lots of stuff up there. Just picked up some brand new old stock Mirrolures they haven't made in years !! :) !! Figure I will put up some customs Rapalas and some of my custom speck lures and see what happens. Should be fun I hope.....

·
Registered
204 Posts
Alot of guys will pay a pretty penny for original lures. I know original storm Wiggle Warts are highly sought after.

When a somewhat hard to find lure wins a major pro tournament and makes news they will sell like hot cakes for big bucks. Some that come to mind: Chatterbait, KVD Red eye sexy shad, KVD square bill, Alabama rig, Magnum flutter spoons.

My buddy just picked up some old cranks in box off Ebay for just a few dollars. When it got here in the mail it contained 4 of the more expensive Pre Rapala Wiggle Warts. He posted a pick of one of them on line and got offers for $60 in less than 5 minutes. He only has about a dollar each in them.....he always gets lucky finding these rare gems in a bulk Ebay lot.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I wonder why they discontinued them and what is similar?
Nothing compares to a Twitchin Rap. You just can't get that kinda action out of a plastic bait. Balsa wood has a neutral buoyancy that is very hard to replicate. It makes for a very lively lure on the fall which is when Specks attack.

I don't think the Twitchin Raps really caught on until they were already on their way out of production. There will be a small run of them made sometime next year. Only 10,000 and they will come in 5 colors. Hot Olive, Hot Bone, Olive Flash, Copper Flash and Silver Flash. The Gold Chrome, Chrome and Purple models will not be reproduced or at least that is what I have been told.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Man I'm glad I bought the 4 I did the other day at $18 each when I seen them. After seeing what these last few have went for I thought about putting 1 on ebay to get a few bucks back, but I if they work that good I need to keep them in my box!!!!!

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
This is the 5 colors they are looking at to be made, this is the list they sent us at the store. It will depend on if they get the lures more or less pre sold. We got a call from the Sales REp at Rapala asking how many lures we would like. They wanted to try and see if there was enough interest to make them.

Font Rectangle Parallel Electric blue Number

·
Registered
585 Posts
This is the 5 colors they are looking at to be made, this is the list they sent us at the store. It will depend on if they get the lures more or less pre sold. We got a call from the Sales REp at Rapala asking how many lures we would like. They wanted to try and see if there was enough interest to make them.

View attachment 67838
Good info scott. do you know the msrp

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.