NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once again I say I am going to fish this river more and would like to see if anyone can give some advice for 1/2 or full day floats. I saw on google maps 2 points with access, old Greensboro Rd and Chicken Bridge Rd. Can anyone tell me what this area is like? What is the time? Best flow rate? Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Red Slide Park to NC 54 Haw River NC

Once again I say I am going to fish this river more and would like to see if anyone can give some advice for 1/2 or full day floats. I saw on google maps 2 points with access, old Greensboro Rd and Chicken Bridge Rd. Can anyone tell me what this area is like? What is the time? Best flow rate? Thanks!

If you are willing to drive just a bit farther this is a great float trip or paddle trip. I take my children on this trip often. About three hours or less to complete trip. No worries about shallow areas except right at redslide park where you put in. Take a small rod like a zebco 33 with black jig head and white jig bodies and do not try to count all the fish you will catch, and take plenty of jigs because you will use them up. Even though it is rocky you do not hang up much because you keep the jig moving, and even if you do just paddle over and unhook it. Have caught bass, bream, crappie, catfish, Biggest fish, bass about 3.5 lbs, crappie 2lbs, bream?. Have seen carp that probably go over 50 lbs splash beside the kayak, gets your heart going. Ranks among the most fun fishing I have ever done because when you catch the fish biting good it is all you can do to keep up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.