NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well just wanted to say happy new year and hope everyone had a great holiday and safe travels. Hopefully the new year brings new change some needed some not. Health and happiness to all.
Let's hope we can all get out on the water and do what we love safely!
Anyway I got some new tackle I gotta show someone who cares. I think I'm ready for Saturday and Sunday. Headed to the new river or Swansboro area to target trout mainly and drum. I think I have all I need. Minus forgetting I left my brother with all my mirrOlures. I had a mini panic attack thinking I lost them all!
Picked up a fenwick hmg at bass pro to accompany a new lews reel. Good luck if your headed out this weekend may we all be successful.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Good luck, don't forget your raingear.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rain gear will be packed. Just added 2 flush mount Rod holders to the kayak also. The left hand is the way to go for me. All my spinning reels are left hand so it was just natural. BigE good luck. Shoot me a pm on how it goes if you head down.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't forget your Procure
Ya know I wasn't going to grab it but last minute I stuck it in the jeep. I have the Inshore scent. Should I have something else? Are you guys using it on 17mrs and xraps also? Or just soft plastics? Some of the swim baits I use are scented already. Not gulps. Tsunami I think. Can't remember at the moment but they have done good over the summer with flounder and Reds

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Spent most of the day on the water minus getting out a little late. Was the most fisherman I have seen on the water this year. My brother wanted to start a bear creek so that's what we did. After spending most of the morning there with nothing to show and everyone else reporting the same very slow we headed to Wallace creek where there was atleast more activity with some bait in the water. But still nothing. Some people caught some drum but nothing as far as trout. Some said good schools of drum in French creek first thing in the morning.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.