NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's good to be back home!!!! Got the boat out briefly last Sunday to test the new prop, and since that seems to be in order, I'm planning to head East Saturday morning and look for these flounder Curtis keeps posting about.

Anyone else going to be in the Eastern Pamlico this weekend? Anyone willing to provide guidance? Furthest east I've been so far has been Bath Creek, but I'm got this strange hankering (cough cough, thanks to all of you frequent picture posters . . . ) to see what Swanquarter/Belhaven/Hobucken have to offer. Of course, without any help, you'll probably read about me in a week or two "Fisherman missing for more than two weeks, wife actually kind of worried now".

Save me from my own stupidity - any advice would be great. And I know it's way too much to ask, but if you've seen any of those flat fish or big ole drum, I sure would like to say hi to them and maybe even invite the former over for dinner.

:)

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
If you want to fish for the old drum just catch some live bait and go fish the ledges around oriental. Get a map and find the drop offs around that area. The first time I ever went I talked to Capt Dave and Minnesott beach bait and tackle and he pointed me in the right direction.

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
right now I am thinking Sunday Morning out of Dawson's creek searching for Old drum. It's a slow ride on trolling motor only in my electric skiff but I got it done last weekend so may try again.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I've been surf fishing lately but hoped to try for flounder tomorrow
But....... I wound up taking my 13 year old son and a buddy to Busch gardens today for a belated birthday trip. It was fun but I'm whooped. No fishing for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.