NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To give the shad a go at PitchKettle... Never fished for them before so it'll be interesting. I've picked up some good info on them from the threads here, not just to put the info to practical use!

Good luck to all that are headed out today.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Hope you slay em!!

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Didn't fare so well.. they were there and some were caught... I think the most I saw any boat pull was 3 or 4 in a couple of hours. we had 2 and several lost darts to trees and brush.

Fish were marking in the 5ft range and didn't seem to want to come up much.
We'll try them again sometime... all in all it was a great time.. new water to fish and got to try some new stuff.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
we started at the mouth of pitchkettle and worked our way up the creek a ways. Fish seemed to be pooled right in the mouth of the creek. Not a lot of catching going on further in. After a changing through every color combination we had and loosing our darts we headed up the river a ways and into some flooded timber to try for bass.
Had one lost one in there that was decent.. and found a six foot garter snake in a hollow tree out in the middle of the river.. that was kinda cool.

anyway.. we ended up with two shad from Pitchkettle and that was about it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.