NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Permit me to introduce myself. I am DawgDad a weekend angler from Sugar Hill, GA. My home waters are the "Atlanta Ocean" (Lake Lanier) where I pursue mostly Spotted Bass and Crappie, but sometimes go for the Stripers. With the accidental introduction of Blue Back Herring to the lake the Stripers are more difficult follow. Those Blue Backs like to run when in distress so it makes it hard to sit on top of them while Stripers feed. I am not a troller. I got to have a rod in my hand!

Anyway, I am planning a trip to Hatteras Island (Hatteras Village on a canal) late June early July and plan to fish the sound. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I have a 20' Skeeter Ski/Fish that I take to St. George FL and Tybee Island GA almost yearly and fish the back waters with some success. I am aching for the pull of a good Red and the taste of a fried Trout filet. I have never caught any Flounder and would love to get on some.

Thanks for your time. Keep your line tight!

Regards,
DawdDad

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Hi DawgDad - welcoem to NC Angler.

You should be able to get some nice flounder at Hatteras in the summer. You planning on taking your boat or will you be surf casting, pier fishing, etc? Some of the best fishing that time of year will be back in the sound, offshore as well as on the beaches.

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Lol - guess I ddin't word that well - what I meant was in the sound. You will have a full range of options that time of year. With your boat the sound will offer some great fishing for drum & flounder and maybe some specks. I'm not real familiar with the spots up there as I fish a little further south. Maybe some other folks can jump in here with some ideas for DawgDad.......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.