NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Staying in Frisco and bringing my 21 ft Starcraft V-hull. It's all aluminum w/18 inch draft and I regularly fish mud flats up here for stripers. My brother went last November and they caught a ton of specs. I am from the middle Chesapeake Bay area and am used to (mostly)deep water and am familiar fishing for specs (up here they seem to love shallow water and white artificial grubs with lead jig heads). Any tips ? What else is biting this time of year down that way in the sound and off the surf or piers ? We will use Teach's Lair Marina to launch and probably dock the boat at the house on Blackbeard's Court for the week. After seeing the average depth in the area I am a little concerned. I am buying a chart for the sound, of course. Also plan to surf and pier fish while we are down. Any tips for a noob to the Pamlico Sound area ? Also can anyone recommended a tuna charter in the area ?

Thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.