NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone gonna be up on Jordan?

Finally gonna take Dennis fishin with me.. we're gonna give it a go
If anyone's gonna be up that way, give us a shout out..

Should be there from 7 a.m. till whenever..

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Spot, got me wonderin if Harris would be the better bet...
If lake level at Jordan is up, Harris will definately be up, which means easier for me to get the boat off/on the trailer there at that ramp.

Think the water will settle a bit on Jordan by Friday?...

Harris sounds pretty tempting...

My last run with the boat... After this trip, it's back to the house, I'm stripping it down and taking it to the broker and droppin the price on her.. So Friday will pretty much be the end of my season :(

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, Thanx Randy,, I'm kinda tore up about it.. but there's nothing I can do about it.. When ya got somethin you like, works and is rig'd how you like it... that's the toughest part..

She's been extremely good to me, and someone is 'bout to luck out and get the deal of the century for sure.

Hey, glad to of had you, Forrest, Marty, Mike and especially the youngins out on her.. We'll have to wait till the next boat to fire up the operation again.... It's gonna be a painfully long 2 1/2 years for sure!

Welp,, cant dwell... gotta do what I gotta do.

Thanx Spot and Junkie, if we're up there at that time, I'll holler out to ya.. if you get up there, holler at us. Jordan's the plan for now... but Harris is mighty tempting...

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would still go to Jordan Dave. They have not updated the lake data yet, as soon as they do, I'll post it.
Thanx Steve, more than likely going to Jordan tomorrow, more than likely launch from New Hope.

Hmm... kayak teaser... now that's an idea!!! :eek: :D ha ha hah a....
I'll try not to mow any of ya down.. just raise your oar so I can see ya!

Seriously, if ya spot us give us a shout and would be good to meet ya! ;)

Think the gameplan will be some relaxed trollin and then try for some crappies again in the coves on the south part and then up by the north bridge area.

See ya on the lake tomorrow!:)

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The lake crested Wednesday at 224. Both gates were opened to 5 feet on Tuesday at 17:00. The gates were raised to 10 feet yesterday at 17:00.

The lake level is now 223 and will continue to drop steadily.
Sounds like everything will be flowin to that part of the lake, so I'm gonna guess that will be the area to "watch" out for debri. Last weekend wasnt too bad, but there was the occasional sizable chuncks of log or wood.. so I can imagine there's a lot more wash in the water right now.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Hmm... kayak teaser... now that's an idea!!! :eek: :D ha ha hah a....
I'll try not to mow any of ya down.. just raise your oar so I can see ya!

Seriously, if ya spot us give us a shout and would be good to meet ya! ;)
I'm sure we'll notice when you squeeze through the culvert under Pea Ridge Rd. If we're too far upstream, we'll hear you scrape through the stump farm halfway up Weaver Creek. That'll be good for the resale value -- who wants a pretty-boy boat!

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We'll coax ya out some how.... Mmmm... can ya smell that venison jerky?? summer sausage?? want some??!! :eek: Y'all will get hungry sometime! ;)

Why y'all wanna fish for sticks in the sticks anyway??!! :confused: :D :)

ha ha hah ah ha ha ha.... :)

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
If I can get a few more sticks like this one, I won't complain one little bit.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey, I gotta tell ya somethin funny..

The boys crappie fishin reel'd in 3 sticks,, and them stinkers are on to the "stick" goofin'.. 2nd fastest I'd ever seen anyone clear a stick off the line!! Couldnt get the to the camera fast enough to take pix..

And the weekend fishin before that.. we had someone haul in a pretty nice stick,, but I've been sworn to secrecy on that... can only acknowledge the possibility without confirming whether or not a stick was caught... and in that case as well.. that stick was the fastest I've not officially seen cleared from a line! ;) :D

Hey, you wearin out that photo-shop bass pick? :) Well,, ya got me beat there Kevin...

Catch'em up out there guys.... holler at us if ya see us. What's that sayin? Any day not at work and fishin is a good day... ;)

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Hey, I gotta tell ya somethin funny

And the weekend fishin before that.. we had someone haul in a pretty nice stick,, but I've been sworn to secrecy on that... can only acknowledge the possibility without confirming whether or not a stick was caught... and in that case as well.. that stick was the fastest I've not officially seen cleared from a line! ;) :D

Dave-- I will attest to that. On Apr. 7,2007 while fishing on Lake Jordan, around 11 AM, the temperature was about 35 degrees. Someone fishing on the SIZE 9 caught a stick. I think Marty will back this story up, which only leaves one suspect. The stick was large enough to be easily identified through the tears in our eyes caused by the extreme cold weather.:D

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well,, I'll go out on a "limb" here... I can't for exactly positively confirm nor deny it was for certain a stick, though,, the object I thought I might have seen was a "stick like" object that was quickly dispatched back into the water... It all happend so fast.... it's hard to say for sure...

:)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.