NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be heading down to Nags Head this weekend and was wondering how the fishing has been down in that area recently. I usually fish down by Oregon Inlet in various places such as the Bonner Bridge and such. I also plan to do some pier and surf fishing. Any suggestions or reports would be appreciated, thank you

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just got back Sat night from there... Left Friday morning about 6 am and got there about 12 and went to the hook and tried surf fishing but the clear transparent seaweed was so bad every 10 minute you had to reel back in and clean it off.. Left there the next morning and went and fished Inlet on the north side of Bonner Bridge and ended up catching several blues one flounder and a couple of spot. the seaweed made for some real hard fishing but its part of it... The wind was terrible and the seaweed too so packed up late sat afternoon and came on back home... Guess Im waiting till the end of Oct to try it again... Hope this helps and hopefully that dag um seaweed will be gone soon it was awful.....

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
yeah we fished from the upper obx area avolon pier area.. the wind was fugly for sure. the bites were light in general i had only one drum really wack the bait.. as we all know wind has alot to do with the fishing-fresh or salt- i was not getting the sea weed problem to much..-differant location- i do know every thing we caught was fairly shallow -we did fish from about 2 am till 8am or so- the pier was fairly empty most all night.. about 7 am on a bunchs of guys were coming to fishin from it.. but as my girl was wanting to stroll down the beach we did..

zooker

·
Registered
135 Posts
The past several days , some large red drum were caught off the Avalon & Nags Head pier. Surf is been big this week, but the wind fell out this morning. Lots of grass in the ocean. I'm fishing the Nags Head Surf fishing tournament Thur. & Friday. Time will tell.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.