NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i hear the state-nc- is trying to pass a law that would charge a fee to use any boat launch in the state.. kinda like the bugs island-va side-launches.. has any one else heard of this??

i personally would hate to pay for launching a boat. i pay enough blasted taxes now on my boat/truck..

zooker

·
Registered
85 Posts
It looks like it is all about the buck. first they charge us to fish in the sea, then to put our boat in. AND MAYBE WE GET TO JOIN A CLUB TO FISH IN HIGH ROCK LAKE. When you get there you see a sign (KEEP OUT THIS LAKE IS A FISHING CLUB AND YOU CAN'T FISH HEAR)

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
in the words of goog ole Charlie Brown... "good grief"!!

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Has anyone found anything more substantial than rumors on this topic?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Thanks Sundrop, you are right I was a little over the edge. I would like to apologize to the group. I'm not against clubs. I'm an avid e outdoorsman and find "keep out signs" trubling.
Is there a new license to cover fresh and salt water. It would be good if they could include ramp fees. You know like the Comprehensive license.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts

·
Registered
14,639 Posts
Is there a new license to cover fresh and salt water. It would be good if they could include ramp fees. You know like the Comprehensive license.
The fees for the fresh and salt water licenses are seperate . Both licenses are sold by the WRC and can be purchased at the same time (as well as a hunting license). However there is no discount for buying both (or all three).

As Lefty mentioned, my blog on this site has some more info.

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Actually Bouldertoad, I was refering to the fact that anyone could turn an entire lake into a "club". I dont care for that "elitest" mentality. I think public waters should be public..period. I am a pretty anti-establishment kind of person I admit..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.