NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started to fish the reservation this a.m. but we got off to a late start, so we went high and tried for some brookies. No hatches and no signs of any risers told me to dredge the bottom. We ended up only bringing 3 to hand. I had several come un buttoned just as I picked them up out of the water. We got deluged mid morning and the water turned turbid pretty quick. I hoped it would get them in a feeding mood, but after an hour or so, we gave up and went to Rivers Edge to look at some wading boots and get some lunch. I spent the rest of the day driving Alex around showing him some water. Highlight of the day was four gobblers catching some shade time by the job corps center. They weren't impressed with our calls:eek:. Got into a shouting match with some bonehead from Florida, she decided to stop traffic instead of pulling off the road to take pics of a mangy cow elk by the high school. I can see taking a few pics and moving on, but she stopped her car to get out and chase it, leaving her kids in the car blocking traffic for close to ten minutes:mad:. Thought about fishing the Tuck on the way home, but it was roaring and brown by the time we crossed it just below Sylva, so we gave up.

Attachments

·
Registered
969 Posts
Good read! Got a love that shot of the boys from the hood. Tourons...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts