NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever fished them? I found them in the $1.50 bin at walmart, (Formerly the $1 bin) and bought a couple. I never used one till today and I caught a 3 1/2 lb bass on my second cast with it! It's like an upside down plastic spoon that moves back and forth on top of the water when retrieved slowly and then sinks when you stop the retrieve. It is completely weedless and is perfect for fishing lily pads. A heck of a lot better to throw in heavy cover then a seven dollar frog if you ask me! I fish it almost like a buzz bait except much much slower as it doesn't take much to keep it on top of the water. Just figured I'd share.

http://www.lurenet.com/heddon-moss-boss

10313533_10203000284321328_5209937461352864939_n.jpg

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any other old school and mostly forgotten bass baits out there that I should try out? I started using pike spoons for bass and have caught a good many on them, And the old creme worms. I'm trying to diversify my fishing techniques.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Moss boss

Any other old school and mostly forgotten bass baits out there that I should try out? I started using pike spoons for bass and have caught a good many on them, And the old creme worms. I'm trying to diversify my fishing techniques.
Torpedo, Hula Popper, Jitterbug. All three as old as dirt, and still catch fish like crazy. Also, check out Devil's Horse and Toothpick.

·
Registered
9,996 Posts
Interesting thread. I used to locve using a 5 1/4 inch Bang O lure. Caught lots of LMBs on it, and an occasional jack when I worked it a little too fast for the LMBs.

·
Registered
9,996 Posts
It is a long balsa stick bait lure with no propeller, and a short lip to make it dive just a bit. The black back with gold sides is my favorite. It may still be sold at Neuse Sport Shop. I caught my largest LMB on it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts