NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to everyone. I just found this site and i think it will be real informative. I moved to Fayetteville in 2001 and have been to a few private ponds and Jordan lake to fish. I've been working overseas in Iraq for the past few years and am looking forward to a few days of fishing when i arrive home for vacation at the end of this month. Does anyone have any tips on Rhodes Pond?

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Welcome fclark. I have only fished Rhoades Pond a couple of times so, I haven't developed any techniques for fishing it yet. Enjoy your vacation and if you get chance check us out at the Fayetteville Fishing club.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Hello and welcome to the site. I seem to be the "expert" on rhondes pond but all I do is see others pull in fish. But I will tell you what they were using. Red worms seem to work the best. Have seen crappie, bream, bass, and a catfish caught on these at rhodes. Last time out a guy caught a couple nice sized cats on live minnows. Hope this helps out.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Rhodes was a private pond until I believe last year or the year before. The state bought it and is managing it. It is basically where they dammed up the black river and made a small pond out of it. There are no boats available but see lots of small pontoons, jon boats and kayaks. It is located in Cumberland county between Godwin and Dunn. It is right on highway 301. People get their bait in dunn if they are coming down from up north.

Reactions: Jeffonc

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
No problem. Good luck. Don't forget about the Ft. Bragg lakes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.