NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I am a new member to the site and I really enjoy the info and talk. My hats off to NCAngler for a well designed site ( I thought it was so well, I became a Captain's Club member). I live in Southern Pines, NC now and I have Lived in NC for the majority of my life ( I'm 31 so not like an eternity or anything) I loved the days when I was a kid and in the summertime we would go bass or bream fishing almost every day in the local ponds. I also loved going surf fishing with my Grandfather and Dad on Ocracoke Island or Surf City beach. I don't get to fish as much as I would like to now because of work and family, but I am trying to make it a more common place thing. I have started to fly fish in last couple of years at the coast and on the Roanoke for stripers. Last year I caught several keepers on the Roanoke and I am going back again this April. I don't have a preference for the type of fishing I do just as long as I am on the water. I hope everyone has an enjoyable fishing season this year. :cool:

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Hello Baitandfly and welcome to the site. And a special thank you for your support of the site with your Captains Club membership. I am grateful that you see the value in what we're building here. I can't say enough good things about the quality of folks that are members of NCangler.com. I'm sure many of them will also say hello. I share your fond memories of fishing as a kid. I wish I'd done more of it between then and now. :)

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Welcome to the site. I'm glad you thought it was worth supporting. I think Randy has done an outstanding job of making this one of the finest internet fishing sites. it sounds like we have a good bit in common. I spent quite a few of my days growing up fishing the ponds and streams of Johnston and Lee counties. I started fishing Surf City with family when I was just a little thumb burner. Later when I was in the Navy it was the Outerbanks nearly every weekend. Some weekends though it was a long trip from Va. Beach to Topsail for some Kingfishing with friends. I'm looking foward to reading about your fishing experiences past or future. AL

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
baitandfly---Hearty Welcome to the site! This site is informative and interesting even when some of the members can't catch fish. Look forward to your reports and input to the posts.

Later, Forrest

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
fojoloy said:
even when some of the members can't catch fish.
I guess that would be my cue! But if you ever need to catch a stick to cook your catch, let me know! (I guess that wouldn't work too well -- I guess I'm not good for anything... :()

Heh heh -- hopefully I'll do my share of contributing to the fellowship. ...positively more often than not, I hope.

Welcome aboard
lefty

·
Registered
574 Posts
Glad to have you on. It's a great site with some great guys. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Jump in and add your opinions and experiences and it will only make the site better.

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Welocme aboard Baitandfly! Next time you are back in the SurfCity/Topsail area let me know. I live down here and will try to let you know what is biting and where. We look forward to hearing about your fishing experiences!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.