NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone, I just discovered the NCAngler website this evening and thought I would get onboard. As a Native of West Virginia, I have quickly found that fishing in the south is much different. Any pointers as to where to go in the Pitt County, Lenoir County areas would be greatly appreciated.

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
You're in a prime spot to take your pick. New bern, Oriental, Neuse , Pamlico you're within an hour of good fishing all over!

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
welcome Handyhands, Good To Have You ,your Not Far From Good Fishing As Sundrop Said Washington, New Bern, Vanceboro You Have Little Swift Creek That Runs Back Up To The Neuse, You Can Take That Up To New Bern Where You Can Find Stripers, Flat Fish. Specks. Puppdrum Right Up The Neuse To Upper Broad Creek, An Goose Creek, Good Fishing Get You Some. Chris

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Welcome aboard. I think you just gave Sundrop a new EXCUSE to go fishing. "I need to go check out Chocowinity Bay for someone"....;) That place looks like prime overwintering territory but I can't really help you with it. Maybe you an Sundrop could hook up and split the bill on an exploratory mission in that area. Most of the time the fishing is greatly influenced by time of year and wind direction and wind speed/duration in that neck of the woods. The amount of water coming down the river can make a big difference also. I don't think you have to worry about the tidal influence too much.
You have lots of options from Ayden. Pretty much a forgone conclusion that you will be doing some driving though. That means researching stuff like local boat ramps, tackle shops etc. So even though you have lots of options it isn't neccesarily easy just to run down the road a piece and launch. Our New Moderator (Jeffonc) has plans to put together a map of all the ramps. (That might take a little while.)

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I was wondering about Chocowinity Bay. How the fishing is there and also if during the next run if Flounder gigging is good there.
Welcome! Handyhands. I don't know about the flounders around there, but Fountain Boats is located in this area somewhere. You and drop could get together and try out one of those 38 footers, :D they will do over 70 mph and it's getting close to the time for their annual factory sale.:)

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
hahahaha!!!! I may be looking for a new boat if I have anymore trouble with this one this week!!! Almost shot if full of holes and swam home this morning, but I couldnt carry all my gear on my back! I watch those Fountain boats alot from Haven's garden park. They are beasts!
Chocowinity Bay has a reputation for Rock(Stripers) I haven't fished around Washington/Chocowinity much this year because the crab pots are so thick you cant get out of the main channel hardly. No help with the Flounder, havent heard anything either. I'm strictly hook n line, not big on gigs,jugs,trotlines and nets..(no offense)
I'll gladly share what I know as I learn it, I'm pretty new to the area too..

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks everyone for all the welcomes and advice... i pretty could tell by the maps that I was in a good location to make choices as long as i was willing to drive and you guys have pointed me to some good locations. I am going tomorrow, with someone else here from Ayden. I believe we are going to the Bay, and work around the area of the Pungo and Pamlico to see what that yields.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Where do you originally hail from Sundrop? I being from WV have to get used to all this change.. I had one of the top trout streams in the eastern US just a stones throw from my house before I left home. And those mountain Lakes sure were fun too. But In the short time I have been here I have already found my new secret to Catfish and a few other southern species.

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Where do you originally hail from Sundrop? I being from WV have to get used to all this change.. I had one of the top trout streams in the eastern US just a stones throw from my house before I left home. And those mountain Lakes sure were fun too. But In the short time I have been here I have already found my new secret to Catfish and a few other southern species.
Born in TN but spent my most of my childhood and teens fishing for big Cats and Crappie on the Santee/Cooper in SC. My parents moved here to NC (Bunn at that time) my Junior year of HS and sold the boat so I had to settle for Catfishing in Kerr Lake, Falls Lake, Tar River from shore and the coast from piers and the occasional headboat deep sea trip. I got alot more into Dragracing and quit fishing pretty much for several years.
I'm now 41 and just got another boat last year so I have alot of catching up to do. Not that I can gain alot of ground in my old jalopy 15'walkthru, but it gets me on the water and with it, and NCAngler.com and these good folks I have made alot of headway fast!!..LOL!!

Reactions: hip
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.