NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this site through my friend HOTSPOT and wanted to stop in and say hello!

I fish mostly at the coast near Carolina Beach but also will go out of anywhere from Charleston to Oregon Inlet if the weather is good.

As some may know from other sites, I am working with a group of folks on Military Appreciation Day 2007 and hope to keep everyone here informed of our plans and progress and also to ask for your participation.

Anyone up for a run to Oregon Inlet in January?

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Hey Squid Row - good to see you over here! I've seen some of your posts on another fishing site. I admire all the work that has gone into the Wounded Warriors fishing program and look forward to the MAD 2007. We look forward to hearing about the plans and how we can help out!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Hey Rich, good to see over here man.

We are heading up to Rudee around the third week of January. The fish are running late this year due to the warm water temps created by this mild winter weather.

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Hi Squid Row and welcome to NCangler.com! Please let us know what we can do to help with the Wounded Warriors fishing program. I am not familiar with it personally but look forward to learning about it. You will find this site very supportive of the men and women that serve our country in all branches of the service. :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are two different efforts underway, but both are great causes.

The wonded warriors project is a number of efforts to take those who have suffered injuries in combat out fishing, provide Christmas presents etc. There is a wounded warriors barracks on Camp Lejeune and other bases, and this effort focuses on these American Heroes.

The Military Appreciation Day effort is the one I am leading. We are doing our best to take 500 active duty military personnel out fishing on May 19 (armed forces day) then we will have a big cookout and awards ceremony with speakers and maybe even a celebrity or two...

We will also have activities for family members during the day so they can participate as well. Our goal is to give back to those who keep us free, even if we can only do it one day per year. My mission is to make it a great day for them.

I would love to be able to post the plan on this site, is this the right forum to do so?
Thanks!
Rich
aka.. Squid Row

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I love the name!! I am glad to hear of your efforts and look forward to learning more about these programs. Perhaps I can do something to help the men and women who have made such a sacrifice to keep us free!!!

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Rich, If you will send me the information I will post it in the Announcements section and we'll promote it heavily. I also have a website for owners of Triumph Boats that has over 2200 members to date. There are a lot of Triumph owners in NC and I'm sure many of them would be happy to take our enlisted men and women fishing! It is a small thing that we can do for those that have done so much for us! I'd be happy to post it on the Triumphowners.net site as well if you like.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone for the welcome!

NCAngler I appreciate that offer very, very much!

I will email you our plan tomorrow and I am working on information flyers that will be available next week (unless my real job gets in the way again).

Thanks everyone!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.