NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gang ...

Based out of Largo, FL (Tampa/Clearwater/St. Pete area - west coast central).

I write a little about the sport, you'll find that here:
Canoeing and Kayaking GuideLines

My main ride is an Emotion Mojo Angler

... and here's why Floridians stay in Florida in spite of hurricanes ... :)

I'm hoping to contribute where I can, and learn some as well.

Tight lines ... dry hats.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I like that "T" handled pole. I assume that lets you stake out in one spot as well as a push if needed? Welcome....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sinker Man ... We moved from Greenville to FL in 2000 ... have they made Heywood road a 10 lane yet ? :)

Sundrop ... the PVC stake-out pole is mandatory in my neck of the woods. I rigged up a bungee system (on my milk crate) to allow me to deploy the SOP through a tank well scupper hole. The bungee holds it in place when I pull it up. That way, I don't even have to turn around to deploy it, just reach over my shoulder. Most of the places I go, I can use the SOP all day. These flats are shallow, for the most part. The thing to remember around here ... if you fall out of your boat, do not panic ... just stand up. :)

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
I think the real estate was too high for a widening project. There is a new mall now on Woodruff Rd. near the junction of I-85 & I-385. Actually it is just a huge strip mall. The state passed some legislature designed to bring a Bass Pro Shop to the airport area.
I don't normally read much on most websites unless the content is Up to snuff. I am 1/2 way thru the articles and I can see that your Grandmother would be Very Proud. ON the #19 vs #45 debate.....ALL ties go to the wife. It is that simple and is very important. Never forget that. I know what the temperature is like outside down there at night. :D
I've fished some here and there in the area from New Port Ritchie south to Venice. If it weren't for the traffic it would be Paradise. I am suprised the boat traffic isn't much worse. Maybe the kayaks are making a difference. I certainly saw more there than most places I've been. No small wonder though. They are the ultimate flats fishing tool.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Welcome Aboard Pag. St. Pete is certainly a beautiful town. I have a friend who lives in Safety Harbor and I have had the opportunity to fishing for Snook with him around Safety Harbor and Honeymoon Island. You must be a regular around Bill Jackson's Outdoor Store.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Pag,

I'm in Sarasota. Have 2 boats and a Hobie Yak that I was out in just last evening. Caught 3 Trout to 20" and missed a couple monster Snook on top water. We are heading offshore tomorrow to get into some Amberjack and Snapper.

Jeff

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
I fished a couple of days with a guy named Walter from Sarasota and his buddy Kevin. They weren't Kayakers but were avid fishermen. Walter was a former tackle shop owner but was then in the Marine repair buisness. I lost his Phone number and have yet to find a listing for his buisness. If you run across him or know him he can be very helpful and is very knowledgeable about reels, boats and fishing in general. He is also fun to fish with as long as you don't outfish him. (lol)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We're headed to Naples this weekend to take a trip to Marco Island via my bro-in-laws 42' SeaRay, buit I'll have 4 of our boats stuffed in the back of the truck. When we get back from Marco, we're gonna paddle around his yacht club and see what's biting. Since it's a yacht club I guess I'll have to put a glass of wine in my BEER holder ... ;)

·
Registered
608 Posts
I go to join a new site (finally found one with some kayak fishing info) after moving from Tampa to Charlotte area.....and the Welcome PM tells me to go to the Meet and Greet section and I see you posting here as well. Jerry your everywhere......

Erick
(posting as erayyak here)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.