NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been a member for sometime but never really posted or introduced myself. Mainly fish Badin Lake for stripers and use to fish out of Ocean Isle. Daughter got married to a Marine that is stationed at Cherry Point and that really changed everything once the grand baby came along. So now when it is vacation time, guess what, it is off to New Bern no matter what I say or else!! So I figured the best thing I can do is learn the area and deal with it. Hired a guide to check out the Neuse River and was really surprised at what you can catch. Got a 19ft cc Key West with all the bells and whistles. Trouble I have is finding people that can fish when I do during the week. Usually come down on a Monday and leave on a Saturday. Send me private msg if you have the same issue finding somebody to fish with in that area and maybe we can hook up. FISH-ON!! :D

·
Red X Angler
11,230 Posts
Welcome to the site. Lots of great guys on here that fish the Neuse regularly. I am sure you will find some that will help you out.

Stop at EZ bait and Tackle in Goldsboro on your way back some time and visit a little while with Scott Hobbs. (He only works Weekends) he can give you some up to date intell and hook you up with the hot baits. Looking forward to future reports.

Darrell

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Welcome to the party! I don't have a lot of Neuse experience but I am only 35-40 minutes away!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.