NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! Just registered. I recently traded my jetski (big mistake even owning one) in on another boat. I have been out of the fishing scene for about 10 years. I plan on doing some local fall fishing on Mayo, Kerr, Falls, Smith Mountain, and Jordan possibly. I also will probably start making some trips to the coast starting in the spring. I grew up in SE Virginia so the urge to fish the salty stuff has never gone away. Lately I have been just getting my boat rigged the way I wan it and getting a feel for it. Soon the fishing will start now that the heat is starting to go away. :D

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Welcome and don't forget about Lake Gaston. Great Striper, Cat, Crappie lake!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Might do a bit more crappie and catfishing these days. I have not invested in a trolling motor just because I want to do more still fishing. I am threw with chasing the bass. I really enjoy bottom fishing around Hampton Roads, Virginia in the bay. I have not invested in the equipment to troll for striper yet so I probably won't do much of that this year. Thanks for the welcome guys.:cool:

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Welcome aboard. You are right about the fishing cranking up. The only thing is they aren't waiting on cool weather. I believe that the shorter days are enough to get them in the mood. Cool weather just makes the urgency greater. Sept.15-Oct. 15 is prime time on the coast for variety. After that the fishing is still good but you need to target what is there moreso than earlier. Freshwater fishing is probably at it's peak during those same dates. I like fishing late winter/early spring a little better but overall I think fall is best if you consider all the species. Fish need to put on fat for the winter just like mammals.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.