NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to everyone, I am a bass fisherman who participates in local tournaments. Our lakes have been very low for the last 8 months. Our Lake Higgins will open for boat traffic on Friday the 1st of February. We are going to have a "wildcat bass tournament" on Saturday. We are looking forward to seeing if the bass have made it through the draw down.
I am looking forward to Springtime and the warmer temps.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Welcome to the party! Just keep in mind , cold water, work it slow!... Good luck!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Welcome aboard catcherman. Should be a nice weekend for boating if you have enough water to keep from hitting the structure. Shallow water and props have a difficult time working together. I'm still waiting on the rain that Elizabeth Gardner said would be here around 8pm last night. We need all we can get. While I don't do as much Bass fishing as I used to years ago, I still go out on the creeks and rivers to duck hunt. This year was terrible. Not enough water to keep the ducks here. At least that is what I think happened. Anyway, good luck to you, fish slower, stay warm, and be safe. Tell what happened and give us some pics.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hey Catcherman,
I live here in the Triad ad also. What do you expect fishing to be like on Higgins this summer, I assumed it would be a long time before it would have any sizeable fish after the drought. Please let us know how you do. Thanks, kayaken

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
:cool: Welcome aboard, I use to do a lot of wilcatting in my younger days, a lot of days on Jordan and Sheraon Harris doing the bass tourneyment thing, also, never mind a lot of places.

tight lines <*)))))>{

good luck this weekend:cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.