NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! Have been hanging around here for a week now and have asked a question but never really introduced myself.

Very well, A newbie here. My fishing experience is very ols school and basic, a pole, string, lead sinker and a hook. I can't even remember exactly when was the last time I fished...maybe two decades ago. Back in CA, my friends always asked me to join them fishing but I never did. Last weekend when we went to OBX I promised my 8 y.o. Daughter that we will try to fish. Surprisingly she enjoyed it, and voila we are now hooked. Yesterday and the other day we tried our luck bank fishing in Tanglewood, Oak Hollow and High Point City lake but no luck. The thing is, our family enjoyed our fishing day even without anything to bring home except for experience. The next lake we're planning to go to is Lake Norman, but that will be scheduled after my daughter's operation today.

Hope one day we'll catch something out of those lakes.

·
Registered
6,030 Posts
When you get enough posts to send a sitemail, send me one. I have 3-4 bank fishing spots that I'm willing to share with a family.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for all the warm welcome.

Biglenr, will do. Thank you in advance.

·
Red X Angler
11,227 Posts
If you want to travel to Hickory sometime I will be happy to take you and the daughter out for some bream fishing. We can usually find plenty of bream, not much in size but they make up for it with a willingness to hit just about anything.

Darrell

·
Red X Angler
3,547 Posts
Welcome to the site. I wish I new some bank fishing areas to put you on but Biglenr is a great guy and he knows bank fishing around here so I would take him up on his offer.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Welcome! Another good option for you is Kernersville City Lake. Bream and catfish from the bank. They have jon boats to rent cheap, but rowing them is tough if there is wind. On the plus, there are some nice bass in the upper part of the lake. When Delayed Harvest trout season cranks up this fall, give me a shout. I can put you on to some trout on the Ararat. Only 40 minutes north of you.

·
Red X Angler
3,758 Posts
Also consider investing in a trolling motor and battery / charger for lakes with rentals like K'ville and HP City Lake. The electric-only end of Randleman Reservoir has some nice fishing as well, but I recommend a troller for that also.

Welcome to NCAngler!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts