NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody! As you may note from the login name I am of the female persuasion. Hope I haven't stumbled into a guys only thing!:eek: My experience fishing started when I was a little girl eons ago. My Grandmother and I would go to a pond and sit on the bank with a cane pole and a can of worms and spend a delightful afternoon pulling in one fish after. I have since come to the conclusion they were very stupid fish. In the last few years my urge to fish has resurfaced. I dream about catching fish but I haven't any success at Falls Lake. (no I am not still using the cane pole and worms, well maybe a time or too). I have tried several different lures, crickets, minnows and some other things but no luck. It's a good day if I manage to pull in a little bitty fish. Please don't laugh too hard. Does anyone have suggestions?they would be much appreciated, Thanks Fishergirl1.:confused:

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Welcome aboard fishergirl1. We welcome lady anglers here. In fact I started a forum for female fisher folk but we haven't had much activity there yet. I know we have several lady anglers on the site but only a couple have actively posted. Maybe you can help us get the Lady Angler forum moving. :)

As far as suggestions, I would really recommend connecting with a good guide for the water and species that you are interested in. A guide will put you on fish and can answer any questions regarding bait and tackle, what to look for in regard to structure, water temperature, etc. What species of fish are you most interested in pursuing?

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
As far as Falls lake and easy access the submerged road at Beaverdam is a great place for Crappie,bream,cat. You can drive right down to the water and a cane pole is perfect as well as anything else. If you aspire for more, NCangler is right..a good guide can show you the best techniques and alot about water structure so you kow what to look for on your own. I know there are a few guides on Lake Jordan,Kerr Lake, Lake Gaston.... I dont know about Falls Lake.
Welcome aboard , my wife and my Mom are great Fisherpersons!! Had it not been for my Mom I never would have aquired this addiction!!

Reactions: fishergirl1

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Welcome aboard. Wish I could get my wife to start doing a bit of fishing. Good quality time thing, if she only knew that the talking time is at it's premium when the fish aren't biting. :eek: Look forward to seeing your posts in the future.

Reactions: fishergirl1
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.