NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings!

I recently relocated to the north Durham area from Charleston, SC. I mostly fish Falls Lake and Lake Michie from my Pungo 120 kayak (that I'm slowly modifying for fishing). What a great way to fish...

This is an awesome site.

See you on the water...

Scott

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Welcome aboard!
I try to broadcast on the kayak forums when I'm planning to take my Manta Ray out... please don't be shy about tagging along! I'm still a believer in the Buddy System, I'd rather not go alone any more than I have to. (Plus, I'd love to pick up any tips on catching stuff besides sticks. :)

Lefty

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Welcome aboard Scott. That Pungo 120 is a handy tool for getting into the lesser fished places. You are so right... slow is the way to go when modifying a kayak. Sometimes less is a whole lot more. Less = more stability, lighter weight to carry and paddle. Less is less wind resistance and more bouyancy so you can get thru shallower places without getting out. I'm not saying don't add anything but think about how it will affect things before you do. I've seen plenty of Kayaks that were modified until they were hard to get in and out of the water and didn't fare well on the water unless it was almost flat calm. If it goes on... it should be easy to remove... is my way of thinking.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.