NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there I'm fairly new to fishing I've fished a few times in michigan but that's fresh. Since I've been in nc I've been trying to get into salt water fishing and catch some drum and flounder but I haven't had any luck only catch croockers and I've also went craVing and catch blue crab and king crab. Ive gone fishing on base and by the bridges in swansboro also just tried harker island but still only crookers. So I'm interedted in learning places and what to use for what fish.

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
Peruse the Saltwater section, there are a lot of folks down your way. Don't forget the search function, you will likely find some useful reading from past posts there as well.

Welcome to NCAngler!

Reactions: sgrfmde452

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Why leave fish to go and find fish? Lots of water in your area in Slocum and Hancock creeks. The big 3 inshore species live there..usually...red drum, flounder and speckled trout. Certain times of the year you can find stripers and as you have found multiple panfish of the sea...croakers, spots and load of pinfish.

Along with these the freshwater fish are also there, largemouth bass, chain pickerel (aka jack) similar to pike, bluegills and crappie.

Quite a few members from your area.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.