NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up everyone. I'm Zach, just moved here from San Diego!! I'm a San Diego local and my wife and I will start attending ECU this week! We just got here to Greenville and I AM READY TO FISH!!! I am a HUGE angler, I love both fresh and saltwater, most of the fishing I did in San Diego consisted of Largemouth bass fishing and LOTS of surfishing for big croaker, corbina, big leopard sharks and rays. Just checkin out this cool site and thought this would be a good way to meet fellow fisherman out here! I don't know where to fish! I've tried the tar river 3 times allready with skunks!! Any tips would be sweet! Cool site! Z

Here is a pic of one of those big west coast leopard sharks I landed right off the beach in Carlsbad/san diego right before I left.

Attachments

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Welcome to the site and to NC. You'll find things alot different here with the effects of the ever changing weather and water levels. Right now is the toughest time of year for fishing here. Hang in there, Sept. will bring cooler temps (I HOPE!) and the much needed rain will be the only new problem....

GO PIRATES!!!!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Welcome Zach,

Welcome to North Carolina. Sorry to hear you're going to ECU. You're new to the area, so I'll let it go this time.:)

But I've got my eye on you Sundrop! I'm pretty sure it is illegal to "be an ECU fan in a STATE park".:D:D:D:D:D

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
But I've got my eye on you Sundrop! I'm pretty sure it is illegal to "be an ECU fan in a STATE park".:D:D:D:D:D
Lets call it "fan by association"... My wife is an ECU grad and it keeps her happy.( You know what they say about keepin' Mama happy!!). I went to State..( but only on weekends..TO PARTY!..LOL! spent far to many nights at the Big Bad Wolf, Bourbon St, and The Keg) Wish I had stuck around for the education during the week now.....hindsight..you know...*sigh :)

Reactions: rangergreg281

·
Registered
162 Posts
Welcome aboard Zach! and to NC. As everyone else has said you'll find loads of info and very knowledgeable people on this site. Can't say I know to much about the area your in now. I do know I had a great time in San Diego many years ago, and I think I had a great time in Tijuana (I must have because I don't remember to much:D) but that was before one child and a wife.

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
ZMAN Go to Seine beach. It is on the river towards Washington in the Grimesland community. seine beach - Google Maps
They have a launch and a little shop there and restrooms. I dont know if they charge yaks to launch or not. Good area to get aquainted not too far from Gville. If you come on down to Washington we have a yak shop called Inner Banks Outfitters in the area of town known as Havens Gardens. They rent/do tours and sell supplies. You can launch there for free and go up the creek or out into the Pamlico river..

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ZMAN Go to Seine beach. It is on the river towards Washington in the Grimesland community. seine beach - Google Maps
They have a launch and a little shop there and restrooms. I dont know if they charge yaks to launch or not. Good area to get aquainted not too far from Gville. If you come on down to Washington we have a yak shop called Inner Banks Outfitters in the area of town known as Havens Gardens. They rent/do tours and sell supplies. You can launch there for free and go up the creek or out into the Pamlico river..

I've been there twice allready (Seine Beach) in the week I've been here...skunkage both times....I was going for Largemouth, using everything from sinkos, crankbaits and top-waters with zero results, and the second time I went there was with my wife and we used nightcrawlers on a drop shot again with zero hits AT ALL! So far since I've been here I've hit up sceine beach, north park something and off some bridge in washington where I caught a crab and a small crappie... Z

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Water's just too hot right now, All good places and good baits, just bad timing... You can just about forget topwater except for the very break of daylight.. Carolina rigged worms in Pumpkin or purple worked painfully slow are the thing right now... And loud crankbaits...

Reactions: zmanoside

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
WELCOME ZACK, THERE ARE FISH HERE BUT VERY HARD TO CATCH, STARTING NECK MONTH THE TAR RIVER SHOULD HAVE A GOOD LARGE MOUTH BASS BITE STARTING UP, AND IN LITTLE WASHINGTON (HOME OF SUNDROP) THE STRIPER BITE WILL COME ALIVE AND DOWN AROUND NEW BERN UP THE THE NEUSE RIVER THE SPECKS AND REDFISH WILL GOING UP IN THE CREEK, WE JUST NEED WATER AND SOME COOL WEATHER. GOOD LUCK AND CALL ON US ANY TIME....... CHRIS.

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
With any luck the rain this week and the full moon will turn something on!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.