NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening to all!

I am new to your web site also new to NC. I am a big fisher. I just got hooked on Kayak fishing this past Christmas, Thanks to my Father -n- law. I haven't done any kayaking here in NC yet. I am in the Air Force stationed at Pope AFB. I have done a lot of reading mag's about the local area. I hope that next weekend I will be able to do a little fishing up at lake Jordan. I guess thats about it for me. I hope that all is well with everyone and may god bless you and the USA!

Fish On!

Big Osh.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Well, welcome there Big Osh!! Since yer a big fisher, if'n ya dont mind me askin, you must have one heck of a good sized kayak, right?? (just foolin')

Where you work on Pope?

And might as well break ya in right.... If you dont know where AK Mc Callum's is.. be happy to "show" ya! I have a feelin you have a "need to know" and will probably utilize some of their stocked items.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Welcome aboard Big Osh, I think you will find that Lake Jordan is the most popular lake amongst our members. I haven't figured out why cause none of them seem to catch any fish there.:D It also seems to be the favorite kayak fishing lake but those guys seem to have the same results. :D Maybe you could help them out a little. Seriously though I think you will find this site to be a great source of info and a lot of fun. Thanks for your commitment to our Country. Looking forward to reading your posts. By the way if you get a chance to go down to the coast don't forget to bring that kayak. AL

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Hi Big Osh and welcome to NCangler.com. Thank you for your service to our country. It is most appreciated! Look forward to your posts and participation here. If I can assist in anyway please don't hesitate to ask. :)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Welcome Big Osh

I am pretty new to this site myself, but so far it has been a lot of fun, good info, and sharing stories. Welcome and thanks for serving our country.
Dave (USN ret)

·
Registered
574 Posts
Welcome aboard. You'll find lots of good stuff here or least some tall tales. Fishing is a little low, so the bull is a little high right now :D. But, when the bite picks up the guys 'round here will tell it like it is. Feel free to throw in your 2 cents when you can.

PH

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks!

Thanks to all!

Yes I am a Big guy, I stand about 6' 4" and weight about 260 lbs. As for my yak it is a Heritage Red Fish which is a 14' very roomy. I tried posting a pic of a fish that I landed in a Kayak this past Chritmas down in FL put had no luck. Again thanks to all that have replied. It is not to often anymore that you find a place that people make you feel welcome. As for hooking up and going to ak Mc callium's just send me an email. I would love to go. Again thankyou and I hope all is well with you and your family. May God bless you all and the USA!

Fish On!

Big Osh.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks!

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone that has replied. I am not a big computer person. I have joined a couple sites over the last few weeks. I must say that this web site is the only one that has made me feel welcome. I was on one the other day and asked a question and the reponse that I got was. I hate when newbie's ask questions with out looking at the web site. Leave it to a newbie to ask something stupid! these where just a few that I got. I tell you what I will never be going there again. it is nice to know that there is still some good honest Americans out there. I say again thank you and I mean a Big Thank you to all that have replied and made me feel welcomed. It makes this country boy proud. :) :) :) :)

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
And it sure makes this country boy proud to hear you say that. :) I couldn't be more pleased with the quality of people and information that we've gathered here. And I'm glad you've joined us. ;)

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Big Osh said:
I tell you what I will never be going there again.
Not sure whether to laugh or cry -- I saw one of those posts that had the gall to both criticize you and say "welcome". I guess they ain't from 'round here.

Oh well, I'm glad you found a comfortable place. Kick off your shoes (boots?) and chuckle at the tackle monkey and Forrest's hat. And let me know if you want to come up to Jordan to catch some sticks. I know all the best places. :D

Lefty
(one of these days I'll find a fish...)

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Some folks fish for rainbow trout, some fish for brown trout and some fish for brook trout. Lefty's not really unique in his abilities but he is a master branch trout fisherman.:D :D He never does say what he gets them on though. I think he's holding out on us.:D AL

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Aw, man, my secret's out!
scratchscratchscratchscratchscratchscratch

:D
Lefty

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.