NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I just joined and wanted to jump right in. I live in Polkville NC and love to fish. I recently bought a previously owned 17' Proline center console and have since been trying to find stripers in Lake Norman with no success yet. I also fly fish occasionally and can't wait until spring so I can take my kids fishing for their first trip.
I also enjoy fishing in the ocean either a few miles offshore in my dad's boat or 40+ on a charter boat when I get a chance which isn't often enough.

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Welcome to NCangler.com Dave. Glad you've joined us and thanks for jumping in. We have a lot of folks that visit often but never jump in on the discussion. Be sure to post a question about striper fishing technique/tips in our Freshwater Striper forum. We just started 'species' specific forums a few months ago so there aren't a huge number of posts in there yet but this is the way we'll build that information, by members jumping in and asking questions and others jumping in to share their expertise and insights.

For others visiting that may be wondering how to get started on the site, here are some quick start tutorials and threads that might help:
http://www.ncangler.com/forums/f44/how-join-our-north-carolina-angler-2018.html
What are posts and threads?
Fishing Photos
Family-Friendly
Check out our News and Announcements Forum

·
Registered
229 Posts
Great to have you Dave,
I am no expert but I do enjoy drowning bait any chance I get. I hit LKN pretty often.
Send a post next time maybe we will try to tag team them from diff. boats.
On LKN in the winter my best luck has been on trout drifting, in the spring I pull plugs 1-2.5 mph.
Again good to have you onboard.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome. I will probably hit it again Saturday if nothing happens. I will give the trout a try to see if the stripers like them better than shinners. Maybe trout will be on the menu Saturday morning.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.