NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope everyone enjoyed the holidays.
I'm fairly new to the area, moved from Georgia in early 2007. Rented a home on Badin Lake for a while to determine where I wanted to settle. I bought a home near Troy last month.
Looking forward to learning the waters and sharing some information. I partiularly enjoy Crappie fishing. I did fairly well on Badin considering I just started fishing there, but still alot to learn. Looking forward to learning Tillery and welcome any information or thoughts.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Howdy FNC,

Troy and Montgomery Co. is a great place! I lived there for 5 wonderful years. Great opportunity for fishing and hunting. You might try easing up the Uwharrie River this spring. Never got to try it myself, but heard lots of folks say the fishing is pretty good there.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Love the name! Welcome to the party!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Welcome to the siteFNC! Hope to hear from you often. I live up the road from you in Coleridge. I know the traffic will be tremendous for you if you ever get up this way, especially if all 6 residents are on the road at the same moment. LOL
Anyway to be serious, welcome and hopefully we can catch some slabs together. I am not all that familiar with Tillery, but who knows even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.
Have a good time on the site.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Welcome aboard the site. Jump right in and have some fun.

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
hey Man Im Feelen Crappie To, But Thats Another Story, Lol Lol Just Kidding Im Feeling Bessed, Welcome To The Site, Good To Have You Fishing With Us......................chris

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I love to CROPPIE fish myself.:D Welcome to the site!
Yep, thats how we say it in TN where I'm from..LOL!!Crappie Croppie tomato tomAtoe..LOL! Bugle mouth bass, papermouths,speckled perch..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you to all of your replies, hopefully we can get to some serious crappie converstations soon.
One major difference from Ga. to NC is the water temperture, it averages at least 10 degrees colder at any time of the year.
However crappie are still crappie, my experience tells me trolling the creek channels this time of year is a good bet. However I still like to try a deep water dock with lots of shade once the sun gets up.
I'll also let you know how my Ga. jigs work on Tillery, we did well on Badin with them this past year. I haven't seen any like these around here yet!
Has there been a get together of memebers? I was on a fishing/hunting website in Ga. We did an annual members crappie tournament which went quite well. A fish fry afterwards, more fun than anything. Takes a good bit of planning, we even hooked up non-boaters with boaters. Any thoughts?

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
We have hit upon possibly doing a few get togethers. In my opinion Jordan lake wold be a great place for the freshwater meet. Good fishing and good facilities from what I hear. Oriental/Beaufort/Topsail/Carolina Beach all good for a salty party..... The kayakers have been better at this than the rest of us so far..LOL!
We did have a GREAT cookout at Dave B's house last summer but MAN it was HOTT!..LOL The FAAN ( Fayetteville Area Anglers Network) has been meeting once a month I believe as well.

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
FEEL-N-CRAPPIE
WELCOME ABORD LOVE THE NAME,THE THINGS WE CAN DREAM UP FOR NICKS LOL.
MOST OF ALL WELCOME TO THE GREAT STATE OF NC I HOPE YOU LOVE IT AS MUCH AS I HAVE COME TOO,GREAT PEOPLE HERE COULDNT ASK FOR ANY BETTER.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.