NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A big N.C. "HOWDY" to all. Newbie to site, but born and raised in the Western Piedmont. In the past I've enjoyed fishing largemouth, but my favorites are crappie, cats and white bass. Haven't done much fishing since '99, after losing boat in an ugly divorce. My heart's on the water most of the time, though. I look forward to hopefully meeting some of my fellow fishermen, and sharing what info I can along with you all. For now, here's wishin' some good fishin' to all!

·
Registered
205 Posts
payerwarrior, notice you're from around lake norman. have fished it the past few years during the winter at the hot holes, catch lots of spots, some largemouths and plenty of perch and white bass but those stripers are just not that friendly.have tried live bait , big curly-tails and shad raps. any suugestions? always hear " you should have been here yesterday" is it just me ?:confused:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mornin' neighbor. This reply will be a bit short....leaving for work momentarily.

You asked about one of the very few fish that I'm familiar with, but follow with great interest. In the following links, though, you'll find info from guys in the know.

Gus G. of Lake Norman Striper Adventures writes an article in the local paper each week, and knows his stuff. Be forewarned if you're on dialup, though...his site is very graphics-heavy and takes a bit to load up:

[URL=http://www.ncwildlife.org/pg03_Fishing/pg3d12.htm]
If you've lived in NC long, you've undoubtedly read an article or two from Scott. This one is very informative.

[URL]http://www.stripers247.com/lakenorman.htm

Stripers 247 has a very detail-rich article here, with lots of practicle "in the field" info.

Hope this helps out somewhat. Hey, don't write off the largemouth, either. Striper fishermen have been introducing non-native alewives and blueback herring to the fishery and catch ratios AND sizes/weights are beginning to reflect this. Look forward to hearing from you anytime. Hope you have a good day!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Interesting handle NCprayerwarrior. I hope to make your acqaintance sometime soon. My wife and I live at Ranger Island and fish an orange 1985 Monark 16. My family is from Lincolton from waaaay back. Uncle Bud still does his sign business in town. See us this summer on his 40' trawler Catawba Witch moored at my dock just west of Beatty's Ford access.

·
Premium Member
8,127 Posts
Hi NCprayerwarrior! Welcome to the site and I love the handle. Very sorry to hear about the divorce and loss of the boat. I went through one myself back in '83, but God is faithful and is able to restore life to us if we seek Him! I've been blessed since then with a wonderful wife of 17 years and three great kids.

Ever fish down at the coast?

Blessings,
Randy

·
Registered
292 Posts
Welcome to the site NC. Hate to hear about the boat, but congratulations on the divorce! LOL (I'm single and have my own ideas about marriage!) But, life will always go on, you just have to make a few adjustments along the way. So now, let's get to the matter at hand,

And CATCH SOME BIGUNS!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.