NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Hey everyone, firstimer here. Hope everyone has a great time this year. Trying to find the best fishing holes around lake norman and catawba river. Good luck everyone.
Can't help you with the lake or river fishing but did want to welcome you aboard NC Angler. I hope you find it to be a vaulable resource as well as interesting.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Welcome Jack,
Have not been on LKN lately but a friend of mine has been catching stripers above the 150 bridge to the 70 bridge. Live trout on planers. Be carefull above Bill's marina the river has some large rocks!

Reactions: jackbquick123

·
Registered
403 Posts
Welcome aboard Jack, I fish Norman pretty often but have yet to find what I'd consider a hot spot. Even the hot hole has been pretty cold for me so far this year :p but things are bound to get better. I have caught the most fish in Stumpy Creek but I hear Mountain Creek is good too.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Jackb,
Welcome. You will find this an awesome board. Hats off to the NC Angler! I've been fishing Norman and the Catawba for 42 years. Its great fishing but it's big. You wont catchem every time. Striper fishing is really best up river above marker 7. Stumpy and Mountain creeks are productive. White perch are prolific. Crappies can be found too. We caught some fat ones today. White perch were jumpin in the boats this weekend and last week. Just remember, "deep water is the home of the fish." --Buck Perry from SPOONPLUGGING...an old how to book by the famous Hickory NC author. Look for the Bayboat "Spoolish Pleasure" on the lower end. We monitor the vhf.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.