NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! My name is Amy Workman and I am from Burlington, NC. I am married to Bobby Workman who is also know as Striper Junkie. Thanks for your sympathy!! I love to fish for Stripers and have been for 8 years now. We fish all over North Carolina but we mainly fish at Jordan Lake. Anyway, I'm just looking forward to meeting new people and learning more about fishing! :)

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Welcome aboard. Wish I could get my wife interested in fishing. But she sees to many other "productive" things to do on a day.

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Welcome aboard Amy. Glad you've joined us. I met Striperjunkie a little over a week ago on that VERY COLD Saturday. He had a couple of very proud youngsters on board with an 11+ pound striper. I know he enjoys that! BTW I grew up in Mebane and have friends and family still in the Burlington area. Alamance County will always be home. :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would have never thought I would be a fishin' gal, but the first time he took me out we caught 15 that night at Jordan. I was "hooked"! Now it's grounds for divorce if he doesn't ask me if I want to go fishing with him! I love it!

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Hello Amy, good friend of mine lives there in Burlington as well (Todd Johnson).
Was good to meet Junkie couple weeks ago... by quick judgment.. dont think he'd be the kind of guy to not take ya fishin. ;) I told him too I know a boat that would look good wrap'd around him and he could use it on the coast as well! :D :p

Welcome!

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Howdy, & Welcome Aboard!
My wife doesn't suffer from "other productive things to do" -- she'd rather watch a movie! She's considering test-driving a kayak, tho, and floating nearby with a good book while I fish... That'd be a nice way to spend a weekend afternoon (in the no-motor zone...)
Lefty

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
My wife wants to learn more. But when it gets slow or anything goes a little wrong she is ready to call it a day. I bought her a new baitcast and a bunch of various lures to keep her busier this year so we will see how that goes... I like the pace of fishing more with live baits myself but I'll give it a go too...

Welcome Amy, I hope you are one of many "fisherladies" we will see onboard..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.