NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys. looking at a kayak at dicks sporting goods...islander caster 12.5. Read that this is essentially a Perception rebranded. Anyone heard anything about this one?

no doubt jeffonc - at least for that one weekend the nation knew where Boone was. go mountaineers.

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
thanks guys. looking at a kayak at dicks sporting goods...islander caster 12.5. Read that this is essentially a Perception rebranded. Anyone heard anything about this one?
Perception has a great reputation for quality construction and durability. Have not heard much about the Islander brand. I did some searching and more feedback is available on the Perception version. You won't find many people who say that they're unhappy with the kayak they bought, so most of the reviews by owners are good. Sure sounds like its the Perception caster mold with a different sticker. Not sure if they're made in the same shop, same plastic, etc... It sounds like one of the better choices from the big box national stores, especially if you can get it on sale. I saw multiple reports that it may not track as well as other boats in the same length class and that the rudder is recommended.

Personally I'm a fan of longer boats. I don't have any storage or transport concerns and I tend to do bigger flat water where there's more paddling required and the benefit of a longer hull compounds. And I'm plus-sized, so bigger floats me better. Your mileage may vary!

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
at least for that one weekend the nation knew where Boone was. go mountaineers.
If only they'd learned to pronounce the name of the school. ;)

My brother and his wife are Mountaineers...

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I believe that's what I've been fishing out of. Is it green and set up for fishing?? If they are one and the same then you'll love the boat.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Welcome JJ. I have two friends that teach at "App-a-latch-an" !!! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.