NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new member looking for fishing tips and reports. I have been a casual fisherman for about 30 years. I grew up in the Boone, West Jefferson area. Mainly fishing the New River but occasionally I went to W Scott Kerr and Wataga lake in Tn.

Since I have left home and move down to the Triad, I live in Davidson Co. now, I have only been fishing a couple of times a year. Mainly just taking my two young boys out to get them fishing.

A friend of mine and me were in Myrtle Beach over Veteran's Day weekend. We decided to try some fishing since it was nice weather. I haven't been fishing in the ocean since I was about five years old on my Grandfather's boat in Fl. So we went to Wal-mart and picked up a cheap rod and reel and a bottom rig. Got some fresh shrimp from Food Lion and went out to the surf to try our luck. Didn't have much other than a Sheepshead I had up to the edge of the surf until he got loose. But this really got my fishing juices going again. Ready to go out early this spring and try again.

I am also looking to get more involved in fishing around home. I am looking to expand my fishing from the Davidson Co. area. I went to the fishing Expo in Greensboro a few weeks back and saw some good stuff. Especially like looking at the boats. Since then I have been working on my wife on getting one.

Glad I found this great site on fishing in NC and looking forward on getting involved.

Thanks Dan

·
Registered
14,639 Posts
Hey Dan, welcome to NC Angler.

I'm wondering if that sheepshead you mentioned could have been a black drum instead as they are more common in the surf and look similar till you look in their mouths. In any case, saltwater fishing is a blast and I hope you get to do some more of it this spring.

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Wecome to the party! Your in a good area to hit the Yadkin chain of lakes. Bass Crappie Cats OHHHYYEEAHHH!!!

Reactions: fish fighter
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.