NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new to the board but i have been fishing all of my life, when i was 5 or 6 years old my Grandparents and Uncle got me hooked, every year we would go to Topsail Island and fish around the last month of October/ First Month of November now that i am 23 and finally out of college i plan to make several trips along with my uncle to one of my favorite places in the world. Good Fishing and good people ... Have a great day

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Welcome aboard! (Sorry if I beat you to the punch, ncangler. :)

Where at Topsail do you like to fish? Pier, surf, or boat?

I'm hoping to head down there again before the end of the year, still trying to pick a location. Topsail and Emerald Isle are leading the candidate list at the moment.

Welcome again
Lefty

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Friday night we will be Fishing the point at North Topsail across the way from the Army base Sat, we might get a charter or a "six pack" boat. Who knows what could happen, Whereever the fish are i hopefully will be...

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Great time to be on the north point. Keep your eyes peeled for a huge diamond that I threw back many years ago. It is round like a globe and has sharp ridges running like longitude lines running north south. It is as big around as a nickle has a tan cast to its waxy exterior. I found it among the polished quartz rocks and could not figure out why it wasn't polished smooth. Never considered it might be so hard that the ocean would never polish it. Only after reading a description of a rare diamond crystal form called a ballus crystal a few years later did I know what I had thrown back for Neptune. Maybe this years storms have uncovered it for you. Good luck on the fishing and have a good trip. AL
Oops! Sorry about the bad timing!:eek:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.