NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fairly new boat owner here. I'm josh from new bern, I purchased my first boat in summer of '13 and have been hooked on getting out to Morehead and trying my luck with trolling for spanish and blues or bottom fishing. I know some people think blues are junk compared to other fish, but I love em.

problem is that I'm still so new with all this I am just guessing at most things, I don't really know how to find fish with skill and lack good fishing equipment. When I troll I use hand lines and the planer with a silver spoon. I'd like to learn there's so much to learn.

while I have a thread open, can anyone recommend a good shop/mechanic who would be a good go to guy for me and my 92 mariner 135? I have an issue with my trim tilt motor. Under a load the wire connection going into the top of the assembly start smoking and the motor won't lift under its own power, I have to get under it and muscle it up. I'm an electrician, my guess is the connection is maybe loose or got wet, wire started burning, and now there is a problem- but I just can't figure out how to get down to where the connection is.

·
Red X Angler
3,800 Posts
I am not mechanically inclined enough to be able to help you with your problem, but try posting in the general forum section; might see more traffic there. Welcome to NCAngler!

Reactions: dbeam
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.