NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new poster to this forum. I am in the Uniformed Services, and get to spend a lot of vacation time at Onslow Beach. We are heading out this evening, and hoping I can get into some flounder while I'm there. I will be there Fri/Sat/Sun. Looking for some advice as to where to fish, as well as what baits. I've been You Tubing it up and see that the jig/dropper technique is a good method. I am pretty familiar with the base and have fished in the waterway, the surf, LZ Bluebird...I haven't caught a single fish! What am I doing wrong???!!! Any advice would be greatly appreciated...tired of getting skunked!

·
Registered
246 Posts
I usually fish a bit farther upstream. Where I'm at they seem to like bright colored (pink, chartreuse, white) Gulp Swimming Mullet or Shrimp on light jig heads. Similar plastics with Pro-Cure could also be effective. Spend your time bouncing and dragging shallow sandy bottoms.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.