NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Check out Wilson, about 30- 45 min away and quite a few places to fish. Not sure what river it is but one runs through clayton on 42 just a little ways down from the CAT plant.

·
Registered
35 Posts
It's the Neuse.

I've been down at Buckhorn the past few days racking up. White perch, bass, crappie, brim, catfish, jack. There's all sorts of stuf in there. Go to where the old bridge was at the corner of Rock Ridge School Rd. and Peter Bailey Rd. If you have some waders you can get out there a ways. There's also a lot of other good spots you can fish from the bank out at Buckhorn. If you see cars there, there's fish. They start biting around 5:30pm and bite until you're ready to go home. Also check out the boat ramp on Rock Ridge School Rd. If you can "shoot the docks", you're in business.

Go down 42 towards Wilson and turn left on 581 then turn left on Rock Ridge School Rd.

Here's a link to google maps for that spot.
8494 Rock Ridge School Rd, Sims, Wilson, North Carolina 27880 - Google Maps

Also check out Taylors Mill Pond/Tippets. It's on Earpsboro Rd off of 39. A guy last year caught a huge crappie out there. If you have a boat you can get way up in the sticks. And the lady at Tippets Country Store is awesome. She's really nice.

Google Map Link...
15384 Taylors Mill Rd, Zebulon, Nash, North Carolina 27597 - Google Maps

·
Registered
35 Posts
I don't think so. I've used the gas motor before but not much. Most of the time I just use the trolling motor. That's all you really need out there. I cranked the motor to get the boat back on the trailer. It's nice out there. Lots of lily pads with big bass and crappie under them. I hope this helps you.

Later,
Jamey

·
Registered
35 Posts
Taylors Mill/Tippets - $2 per person, $1 per boat...I think. When I go it's normally me, another person and the boat and it's $5. I think it's worth it. There's a box right at the ramp or you can go in the store if it's open. Grab a pepsi and some nabs and get on to the fishin'. There's limited parking but there's not that many people there. We've been the only one's out everytime I've been. I hope this helps. I call it Tippets because that's the stores name.

Oh yeah, Buckhorn is $10 a boat or if you live in Wilson it's $100 a year and $200 a year for out of town. They don't charge per person. Duck hunting stickers are $50 and year.

Later,
Jamey

1 - 20 of 20 Posts