NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In six cleanup efforts since Sept. 2009, Clean Jordan Lake (www.cleanjordanlake.org) has attracted over 700 volunteers who have removed 2,200 bags of trash and 1,300 tires from the shoreline!

Clean Jordan Lake needs your help and all it takes is a mouse click a day! We’ve applied for a $3,400 grant with the BoatUS Foundation to improve awareness with local boaters. To earn the grant, our application has to receive the most “votes” on BoatUS’s Web site between May 12 and June 13.

Voting is simple and you can vote EVERY DAY. Simply click on the link below, click on VOTE NOW, then find the Clean Jordan Lake on list of projects to cast your vote. Only a portion of the title is visible but it is called A Boater Awareness and Volunteer Program on Marine Debris.

http://www.boatus.com/foundation/Grants/vote.asp

Clicking on the Clean Jordan Lake project provides you with a very brief description crafted by BoatUS Foundation. This includes a short NBC News 17 video clip about our last major cleanup effort last October: http://www2.nbc17.com/news/2010/oct/09/jordan-lake-cleanup-effort-ar-471238/

Many thanks for your support!

Fran DiGiano, President of Clean Jordan Lake

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Welcome to the site.

I fish there sometimes and im glad someone is doing something to take care of what so many people use (some rather carelessly). I voted.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
I dont believe the bulk of the trash comes from boaters. Alot comes from bank fishermen who dont care enough to haul out their trash, go to any popular bank fishing spot and its not hard to find empty beer cases, cans, propane bottles ect. Heck, last weekend someone left a pile on the little sandy area next to the side ramps at Ebenezer. Alot also pours in from upstream in the Haw, when the river flows good you can about walk accross empty bottles, basketballs and other floating debris. Think alot of this comes from storm sewers upstream that empty into the Haw.

Kudos to those willing to pick up after those who dont care.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
I picked out a pair of floaties and a Sippee cup out of robeson creek today. Also some nice crappie and a channel cat :D

·
Registered
272 Posts
Awesome work...added link to my Bass club's Facebook page and GOD willing...will be there to help out! ; )

1 - 6 of 6 Posts