NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to edisto beach for 3 days end of the month, looking for info on place to eat, fish,you ever been there ,what you like to do there? Taking yaks, bikes, and lots of time.Oh yes just the wife and me:D:D

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
If know one is going to reply I'll tell you what I would take. Looks like there are a lot of jettys there so there is probably decent surf fishing. Small pieces of shrimp or cut bait on a 2 hook bottom rig. If you have a nice calm day I would take the yaks out in the ocean and troll some spoons parallel to the beach for Spanish mackerel or bluefish. You could also head back in what looks(on google earth) to be marshes and bounce around a zman or gulp on a jighead and probably pick up a flounder or red drum. Probably not too many people on here know too much about the beach as it looks to be around 5 hours from here. There is a forum called pierandsurf.com that has a South Carolina section that may have some info..

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'll tell you this, it's not much of a party atmosphere (like Myrtle Beach). There are ordinances that limit development, which is one reason I absolutely love it. As for restaurants, there are not many, but a few that come to mind are Groover's & Whaley's on the south end, SeaCow Eatery on the north end. There are a few more (burger/pizza joints), but these are my favorites. When it comes to eating on Edisto, the Piggly Wiggly is your friend. :D

You can go down to the marina and try to pick up a charter ride, I believe some of the charters do fill ins. I'm hoping to do that during a trip in October.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We will be staying at a condo down on end of island,is there a place where you can put in your yaks right in town or is it best to use public ramp up nearby creek? What kind of spoons would you suggest,also is the pig right in town? Thank a lot so far!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.