NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope it is okay and this is the right section to ask this question. I bought a basic freshwater tackle kit that came with things that didn't have any identification. I went to the Eagle Claw website and found most information that was needed but left with question marks on a few. I took a photo and was hoping someone could identify what I had and if possible, tell me what to use them for.

There are three items I am unsure about. The rest I was able to look up online. I hope you can see the image well enough. Basically there is a hello fuzzy lure (?), two white hooks with eyes, and a blue rope deal that has a metal ring and a long metal piece on the other end.

Thank you
image-6.jpg

·
Registered
6,366 Posts
The yellow fuzzy thing is a marabou jig. Crappie love them and you may catch a bass on them as well. Fish it 18-24 inches under a bobber in the spring time close to structure. The two white hooks with eyes are called jigheads. Attach soft plastic lures to them or you can hook minnows or worms on them. The long blue rope is a stringer. It is used to put the fish that you catch on should you want to bring them home to eat.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
When if you use that stringer make sure after you slide the first fish on, put the pointy end through the ring so it wraps around the fish's mouth. After that you can just slide the rest on the string. If you don't do this you'll keep pulling up your stringer empty.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks so much! I had to run to Wal-mart today before I read the replies and randomly picked up some Luck "E" Strike 4" worms. It seemed like maybe it was a good idea since the 80-piece kit was basically filled with swivels, hooks, bobbers, and sinkers. Actually, for $10 it is fine but it certainly isn't all I would need to get started tomorrow. So I got myself the worms and figured I'd start there.

I really appreciate the input. I thought the paper with everything laid out that wasn't a hook or labeled (I got a crappie rig and catfish rig in the kit) would be easier than me trying to explain something like a yellow fuzzy guy with eyes. :)

I can't wait to try everything out. YouTube and this site have been invaluable thus far.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Im very glad we could help. Good luck to ya and make sure and report on your adventures!

Gene - Red》X《 - Asheboro

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
You have just started scratching the itch, so to speak. The itch will get worse and worse till the rooms, halls and yard are full of fishing tackle of some sort. Good luck

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, it will have to share space with my home brewing equipment; which has taken over the house. :)
I can't wait to go out tomorrow. I'll be in SC on Lake Moultrie tomorrow for the night which will be my first time out. I haven't had time this week yet but nearly called out of work today to go play. It'll happen, sick day for fish day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts