NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Crikey! I snuck out last night for a quick fishing trip and lost my favorite lure! Unfortunately, I bought it years ago and have NO idea who makes it or what model it is. It's a topwater "dog walking" kind of lure and it has a very distinct rattle/clacking noise that I really liked. Can anyone help me identify it???

Attachments

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Bingo - it is a rapala skitterwalk - frog pattern! Thanks guys.

They don't work at all, don't use 'em. Terrible, really. You'll just be wasting your money. You'll hate 'em, for real.

;)
Yeah, just go ahead and send me any and all colors you may have, cause none of them are of any value, and I will "properly dispose of them" for you. LOL

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
So, of all the skitterwalks we hate, are we talking about the saltwater versions or freshwater when we hate using them for trout and redfish? I think the saltwater version is a little bit larger not to mention the hardware material is different. The reason I ask is because I saw a video of a guy using one for redfish and he said he preferred the freshwater version and just changes the hooks.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I think salt and fresh versions of skitterwalks are sort of like the top dog, she dog, top pup mirrolures. Different sizes.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So, of all the skitterwalks we hate, are we talking about the saltwater versions or freshwater when we hate using them for trout and redfish? I think the saltwater version is a little bit larger not to mention the hardware material is different. The reason I ask is because I saw a video of a guy using one for redfish and he said he preferred the freshwater version and just changes the hooks.
Personally, we (I) hate (love) the saltwater version!

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
tallastro's comment got me thinking about meet and greets for NCAngler members. At first I thought, BPS would be a good place cause everybody would want to go there. Then I thought, it would be a lot like herding cats. Couldn't imagine being there and not walking the isles looking for gear or a new shiny lure! I'm easily distracted.

And by the way, those lures you got do look very nice.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.