NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so New River, what is it that make the bass attack out there, need some imput for fishing on saturday. if you can please any advice is helpful, also how bad is the bowfin population in new river. anyways any help is good help...also any thing on the crotan lakes....Great lake, catfish lake, lost lake any advice you have.
thanks
tex

·
Registered
38 Posts
well i have fished a few tournaments there and really just fish that just like any other tidal river pretty much all the same. but if you are going by boat be very carefull unless you are with someone who knows the place cause there is logs and stick up that will rip your lower unit off. but generally there is average fishing there but some days its on and you catch a bunch and others it makes you think you need to change your fishing style. but use anything i have actually cought bass on pretty much all kinds of lures there. so depending on your fishing style i would just stick to your confidence bait if you have one. and as far as the croatan lakes honestly i wouldnt waste my time as far as fishing goes. i havent heard much from them at all and i know that catfish lake seems to be to acidic and the catfish that are in there are like 4 inches. now back to new river if you have a map that would help alot to see where certain creeks are but if you want you can actually bass fish right at the boat ramp and do ok. but if you are going tomorrow the 24th. im not sure what the water temperature is but i think the bass are beginning to spawn. the biggers ones are spawning but deeper you probably wont see there beds but its safe to say if you can find a flat that isnt disturbed as much or a decent bank that has deep water close by. try to fish the ledges because they should be staging there due to the warm weather and the urge to spawn. but the bucks should be on the banks now either nest hunting or feeding. good luck and let us know how you do.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.