NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just getting started using this site and could use some help. I moved to greenville NC recently and am having a hard time finding a good fishing location. I have tried the ponds near North campus crossing apartments that run adjacent to the tar river and the bridge . I have also been to grimesland to the "sand pits". I am having no luck finding a good pond or lake to fish. Is there anywhere close by where my odds would be better ? I do not have a boat , so keep thst in mind

Thanks!

·
Registered
662 Posts
The Sand Pits are known for being pretty productive. If you cant afford a boat maybe you can invest in a kayak. Are you looking to target fresh water only or salt as well? With a Yak you could fish good spots for both all within 30 min drive.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
its spawning time and fish can be finicky don't be discouraged, sounds like you are in the right places for a shore bound angler.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Small treble hook under a bobber with a minnow, or piece of cut bait. They have very bony mouths so the rope lure trick works well because it tangles in their teeth.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.